Thursday 1 March 2018

Experience of My Delhi – Kolkata – Darjling – Sikkim – Delhi Journey – Part 6

In the morning, I off to the taxi stand for Gangtok, Sikkim and find out share taxi. Taxi will move after a while so I stroll in market. Shops are still close but market is bustling with people. Its religious month of Sawan according to Hindu calendar and all are going to offer water to Shiva temple. Women and girls are wearing bright colors traditional dresses and jewelry and carrying pot of water on head. Religious songs are blearing loudly in temple. Here people are great devotee of God Shiva and they worship him a lot...

Taxi starts in some time. I acquire a front seat. We passed through many villages. Toy train path is following the road. I love travel by share taxi coz it shows so much about local life and the relations between people. Taxi guy is stopping almost everywhere and talking with the people and carrying their belongings to one place to another. They are talking in Nepali so couldn’t understand but their face expression says their mood. I am only outsider in taxi and all are shocked to see that I am travelling alone. Though all are very cooperative…

Outside I could see huge tea gardens spreading all over. Green bushes of tea plants have planted beautifully, which are giving an aesthetical sense to the topography and between these gardens, a narrow road is looking like a yellow ribbon. Beautiful villages are like treat to watch. People are the followers of Buddhism equally as Hinduism. Road become tough and heavy landslides are making it dangerous… 

All are busy in chatting inside taxi. Taxi is in deep jungle area now and suddenly I saw a muddy river flowing with fast current. I asked driver but someone from behind reply – River Tista. Color of the river has changed in monsoon. I again missed song sung by Yashudas – Tista nadi si tu Chanchala…



Anyway, river is playing hide and seek. Some time it come closer next goes far away. We crossed a huge bridge on the river Tista covered by Buddhist flags. Now we are near Sikkim.  On the road, few artists are making dummies. I am sure they are preparing Goddess Durga’s statues for Durga Puja. Now road become wide and plain so driver speed up taxi.  We reach Sikkim in a while. Weather is hot beyond my imagination coz I was thinking Sikkim would be cold…


Every road has a footpath and only paddlers are walking on them. No encroachment by any of street hawker. I find it cool and safe for walk. Language is not an issue coz everyone can speak Hindi and English both. I reach hotel take a quick shower and back to the road. Apart from Darjeeling Sikkim is warm and more populous though it is not crowdy. I am hungry so I went to the restaurant. I order for food and ask manager – where can I go and how can I go there ? He suggests – book taxi and roam around... 

Instead of Darjeeling Gangtok is more happening place though here too its off season time. I came out and stroll in the market. it’s hot I start sweating. Here again touts come and asking me for taxi. I hired one taxi to roam around…



Driver is 40 years old middle-aged man. I told him to roam around the city so that I could explore city in one day as much as possible.  He told me – I will take you outskirt area of the city so that you will get city look and outside city too. City is actually looking beautiful Peaceful and well designed. Everywhere I can see the footpath along with roads. No dust and garbage anywhere. Driver is less talkative so he is not telling me anything about the city. After crossing city, I reach to the outskirt of Gangtok... 



Gangtok has covered with lush green jungle and in monsoon its looking beautiful. Driver stopped car in front the building. Though building is newly made but I can see the Buddhist architect on the walls and in the gate. Driver tells me locking the car – Ma’am here you can see local handmade product. I went inside to see the glimpse of local culture. There are many counters selling different local stuffs…

I find local dresses, which are bright and colorful. I find different type of masks depicting the local mythology and many bamboo and brass stuffs. I buy one bamboo mask and one brass mask of Buddha for me and back to the car…



Now I am in outskirt area. I only see the jungle and hills. Few waterfalls are flowing from the hills and few water activities are going on it. Luckily it is not rain and fog so I can see the valley view clearly…



Taxi is moving in empty road. All are deep green everywhere. Driver again stopped car in front of huge building and mumble – this is monastery. You can go inside and visit the place. I happily get off from the car and take my way to the monastery. Many monks are strolling here. Few are gossiping in groups and laughing loudly. I went to the main temple but it is close. One monk told me it would open in the evening. I stroll outside of the monastery. Its huge and beautifully architected. Few kid monks are also having fun here and making place lively. I talk to the monk sitting in a corner. He talk to me putting his head down – I am here since last two year and I will go to other monastery soon. I travel one monastery to other monastery and live there. He then keeps silence. I stand there for a while and watch the city. While I return, I went into few more shops but just back. It was evening and heavy downpour start. I back to hotel and take rest for a while…

I off to the MG road in the eveing. MG road is like Mall Road. In the night, this road becomes glamorous with people lights and other fancy stuffs. I am feeling as I am in a big city. Everything is so well managed here. Broad road is dividing in two parts. Fancy lights and fancy fountains are making it more glamorous and beautiful. Mostly locals are strolling here. I bye few stuff for me, finish dinner in a restaurant, and back…



In the morning, I off for morning walk and reach to the Paljor football ground where players are practicing football with coaches. Here people are huge supporter of the football.  This stadium is big stadium. Behind the stadium, I can see the glimpse of Kanchjanga peak but for a while only...

I back soon and get ready to leave. After finishing breakfast, I come to taxi stand and take taxi for Jalpaiguri. After crossing city road become narrow and dangerous. In many places huge landslide making it extremely risky and precarious. After a very long journey, I reach to Jalpaiguri Railway Station…

My train is on time. I take my seat. Compartment is already full with other passengers. Its evening and sun is going down outside. Soon it becomes dark and after finishing dinner, I slept…

In the morning, a woman with two teenage boys comes in the compartment. One of them is not able to hear and speak but he is very naughty. Other boy is normal and he is best friend of the other guy and both are making so much naughtiness. But the guy who cannot hear and speak has a bad habit of eating tobacco and in every 10 minutes he is going outside and eat tobacco. Though his brother is stopping him but he is arranging tobacco for him too. We all did try to convince him not to eat it but he has not stopped eating it. Instead of this bad habit, he is a nice and civilized fellow who is making fun with everyone and entertaining everybody…



But train is almost 6 hours late and now getting tensed coz I have to catch Nainital bus by 10 in the night.  After so much tension I reached railway station by 9.45 and I almost ran to catch my bus and I catch it…

End

14 comments:

  1. India is such a diverse country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vineeta,
    Very nice post with wonderful pictures.
    Impressive to see the high mountains and what a great shot of the waterfall.

    Kind regards,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. Loved reading your travel adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very stunning images with lively description of beautiful kind . Post more ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very stunning images with lively description of beautiful kind . Post more ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your writing always makes me feel like that I’m exploring with you. The waterfall is fantastic.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eye-catching pictures and sceneries.Lively narration, Vinita

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so brave to travel to remote areas alone by yourself. This is actually fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent Article! Such a nice information.
    Images are very beautiful and eye-catching.
    Thanks for sharing nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am bookmarking your article so I can revisit and review more of your content.
    The images are very beautiful and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This captivating blog beautifully captures the author's immersive journey through Delhi, Kolkata, and Darjeeling. The vivid descriptions and thoughtful insights showcase excellent management of the narrative. Moreover, the personal experiences shared make it a compelling read. As a bonus, Nursing Assignment Help from 'do my assignment' adds value to the post.

    ReplyDelete