Thursday 26 November 2015

Pictures of Tapovan Trek (4330mt.)

I back from my Tapovan trek few days back. Tapovan is dream location for those who love adventure. Gangorti-Gaumukh-Tapovan trek along the holy river Bhagirathi takes you to the source of the river Ganga known as Gaumukh (Cow's snout). This trek is combination of adventure, mountain climbing, rock climbing and glacier traverse. The trek goes through an coniferous pine trees at Chirbasa and birch at Bhojbasa. From Bhojbasa one has to trek to Gaumukh and from Gaumukh to Tapovan traverses along the Gangotri glacier. After crossing the Gangotri glacier and traversing on a rocky face I reached to the meadows of Tapovan (meditating ground). From Tapovan views of Shivling, Bhagirathi, Meru Parvat, Kedar dome are fabulous. Herds of Bharal (Blue mountain goats) are a common sight here on mountain ridges…
 Here I am posting few pictures of my trek. Soon will write complete trek log…







Gaumukh


1,2,3 peaks of Bhagirathi 

 Bharal (Blue Mountain goat) at Tapovan

River Akash Ganga at Tapovan 

 Peak Shivling

 Meru Parvat


Peak Bhagirathi


30 comments:

  1. The mountains are simply majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful landscapes, and the picture of the goats. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have spent a little time in some much smaller mountains - I think I need to see some bigger ones!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snaps!! This is in my "todo" list for a very long time.

    Waiting for the trip log!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - absolutely stunning scenery. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been an amazing trek! Lovely pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schöne Bilder von der Wanderung beeindruckende Bilder von den Bergen.

    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and nice write-up

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only any peaks of Bhagirathi but also the proces of the trek is sublime, almost divine. I wonder how many times I’d feel in awe if I were there in person.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Clicks.Seeing the mountains virtually from your photos makes us to enjoy.One can imagine how it will be in reality.
    Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi vineeta...awesome clicks...have a good t8me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic images....What amazing scenery.
    Happy new year Vineeta !

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some gorgeous pictures of these majestic mountains. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning scenery! Our highest local mountains are about 4,300 meters high, I think yours are much higher.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A melhor saída é seguir em frente com motivação.
    Feliz Ano Novo
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  16. Might have you enjoyed this trip.Pretty views.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every picture is like a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!!! The pics are so beautiful!!! I wish I could live there :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I viewed the pictures once more.Refreshing the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The sky is so blue!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh fantastic, love those mountains. Exquisite images Vineeta.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic adventure and fabulous photos

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those goats.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Vineeta,
    What a great post with amazing pictures.
    Wonderful these fantastic mountains. I think this will be great to see in real.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  25. I still think the goats are so special!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All is so serene and uplifting and the mountain summit looks divine. I could feel fresh, clean air from the photos.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete